1. Managing sound public finance to improve fiscal effectiveness
(1) Establishing multiple channels for the cultivation of financial resources to support government administration.
(2) Optimizing treasury services and enhancing financial management.
(3) Enhancing disbursement service, improving administrative efficiency, and ensuring disbursement security.
(4) Improving debt management in adherence to fiscal discipline.
(5) Making financial adjustments between local governments, and strengthening assistance in local government finance.
(6) Enhancing management of the operations related to the Public Welfare Lottery, and injecting social welfare revenues.
(7) Strengthening the management of government-owned enterprises, enhancing the operational synergies of each enterprise.
(8) Raising the effectiveness of government revenue management, enhancing fairness in the collection of revenues from charges and fees, fines and indemnities, and others, and improving the system of the collection of charges and fees.
(9) Refining the tobacco and alcohol administration, safeguarding the production and sales order.
2. Optimizing the tax environment, and maintaining the fairness and reasonableness of taxation
(1) Proposing amendments to relevant tax laws and implementation of tax reforms to achieve taxation fairness.
(2) Reviewing and amending tax laws and regulations in a timely manner to meet the needs of economic and social development, and maintaining the rights of the taxpayer.
(3) Improving skills of assessment in tax administration to prevent tax evasion and maintain fairness of taxation.
(4) Promoting the quality of assessment continuously, and ensuring open communication channels between taxpayers and authorities, facilitating the harmony between taxpayers and authorities, and effectively reducing litigation.
(5) Promoting high quality and convenient tax payment services, improving the service environment for taxpayers and providing high quality tax environment for taxpayers.
(6) Extending our tax treaty network to establish a tax environment with international competitiveness and to promote international tax cooperation.
(7) Strengthening international participation, enhancing tax transparency, and improving cross-border economic, trade, and fiscal cooperation.
3. Innovating Customs smart service to enhance the capability of border enforcement
(1) Strengthening technology inspection equipment to enhance the capability and efficiency of border enforcement.
(2) Making use of the Internet of Things technology to improve the safety of cargo movement.
(3) Optimizing the mechanism of real-name authentication to improve the order of the clearance of express consignment.
(4) Utilizing Artificial Intelligence in audit-selection system to upgrade the quality of post-clearance audit.
(5) Implementing trade remedies to ensure a fair environment for domestic industries.
(6) Actively promoting customs cooperation agreements and enhancing bilateral customs cooperation to strengthen an excellent clearance environment.
4. Making use of national assets through multiple channels to create sustainable finance
(1) Coordinating the demands of various operations to handle the survey and land division of national real estate.
(2) Helping all levels of government agencies to conduct transfers of land of national assets, promoting official business and infrastructure.
(3) Supervising government agencies to manage national public properties effectively and encourage them to activate and make good use of these properties to create economic benefits.
(4)Flexibly applying the methods of rental (including tendering), superficies tender, modification and utilization of national property to promote land profit, increasing the Treasury’s revenues and decreasing the cost of management and maintenance.
(5) Proactively solving the problems of occupied land, retrieving the land through multiple methods, and enhancing the value in use.
(6) Coordinating and working divisionally to clean the coast environment to maintain clean and tidy land.
5. Reinforcing the promotion mechanism of private participation in infrastructure projects (hereinafter referred to as PPIP) to introduce private investment
(1) Supporting the needs of national development, expanding the scope of application of public construction categories, and enhancing the driving force for promoting PPIP participation.
(2) Introducing the mechanism of government’s procurement of public services to accelerate the provision of public services and to integrate international standards.
(3) Intensifying professional training, guidance, and incentives to strengthen the professional functions of personnel, to assist the authorities-in-charge in developing PPIP, and to improve inducement for PPIP.
(4) Building a friendly investment environment and strengthening the communication platform for PPIP to promote exchanges of business opportunities and to provide multiple investment channels.
6. Making use of emerging information and communication technologies, and creating added value from fiscal data
(1) Improving online tax services and administrative efficiency, and promoting tax information exchange for cross border tax transparency to ensure tax equity.
(2) Improving effectiveness of governance in tax administration through enhancing the capability of tax data analytics.
(3) Expanding the range of individual personal tax bill consolidation, and improving online tax bill inquiries and payment service.
(4) Promoting cloud invoice to the public, and implementing considerate e-services to improve government service efficiency.
(5) Expanding resource pool of the Internet Data Center of the Ministry of Finance to enhance robustness and security of the infrastructure platform.