1、Enhancing financial management to improve fiscal effectiveness
(1) Establishing of multiple channels for the cultivation of financial resources to support national infrastructure and major policy implementation, taking account of financial stability and economic development.
(2) Improving in disbursement efficiency, enhancing of disbursement services, and ensuring of disbursement security.
(3) Strengthening of debt management measures and implementation of fiscal discipline.
(4) Enhancing mechanism of fiscal assistance for local government, reinforcing measures to increase revenues as well as reduce expenditures and improvement in local fiscal autonomy.
(5) Strengthening of government-controlled enterprises management, enhancing of corporate governance of each enterprise and ensuring of benefits of government-owned shareholdings.
(6) Raising the effectiveness of government revenue management, strengthening the reasonableness in the collection of charges and fees and providing sound management of government finances.
(7) Stabilizing the issuance of Public Welfare Lottery and presentation of the core values of lottery.
(8) Improving management of tobacco and alcohol consumption, ensuring safety of consumers.
2、Improving national asset management to create asset activation benefits
(1) Implementing of national real estate take-over registration and onsite investigations for cases of applications for rental, purchase and appropriation etc. to facilitate case processing.
(2) Utilizing the national asset database modification platform to improve national property ownership management.
(3) Implementing national real estate appropriation to cope with the demands of government agencies at all levels in promoting businesses (including the construction of social housing.)
(4) Accelerating hand-over of completed construction public facility land to local governments for management to achieve the goal of integrated management and usage.
(5) Assisting government agencies to improve administration business of national public use property and propagate revitalization of the use of property to enhance asset utilization benefits.
(6) Executing the “Plan for Strengthening Clean-Up of Occupied National Non-Public-Use Real Estate” to diversify the utilization and increase usage value of the recovered lands.
(7) Flexible applying the methods of rental, superficies tender, modification and utilization, urban renewal and cooperation with the authorities-in-charge for promoting industry developments to activate and utilize the national lands.
3、Improving the investment environment of promotion of Private Participation in Infrastructure Project (PPIP) to boost the momentum of economic development
(1) Amending or enacting PPIP laws and regulations and strengthening of mechanisms to enhance the confidence of private investors.
(2) Continuously implementing of the investment information platform for PPIP to strengthen communication and eliminate obstacles to investment.
(3) Strengthening the mechanism of assessment and preliminary planning to enhance the quality and success rate of PPIP projects.
(4) Strengthening solicitation for investment, promoting of markets, and utilization of the advantage of public and private partnership to boost domestic investment in PPIP projects.
(5) Upgrading guidance and incentives to assist authorities-in-charge in developing PPIP projects.
(6) Cultivating of PPIP professionals and holding of relevant seminars to improve the professional ability of government agencies at all levels and strengthen the consensus of PPIP promotion of all sectors of the community.
(7) Attending international Public Private Partnership (PPP) activities actively to exchange PPIP experiences with other countries.
(8) Enhancing PPIP information system to optimize service effectiveness.
4、Building up a high-qualified tax environment to maintain the fairness and reasonableness of taxation.
(1) Proposing amendments to relevant tax laws and implementation of tax reforms to make sound government finance.
(2) Reviewing and amending tax laws and regulations in a timely manner to meet the needs of economic and social development.
(3) Improving in skills of assessment in tax administration to prevent tax evasion and omission and maintain fairness of taxation.
(4) Improving in the program of reducing litigation of taxation, promotion of quality of assessment and effective solving of controversies between taxpayers and tax authorities.
(5) Continuously promoting the simplification of tax administration, improvement in service environment for taxpayers and promotion of high-qualified and convenient tax payment services.
(6) Promoting of a comprehensive tax treaty network to be in line with the new international trend toward information transparency and establish an environment of soundtaxation.
(7) Participating in international activities and promotion of international fiscal cooperation to intensify concrete cooperative partnerships.
5、Introducing emerging information and communication technologies to create value-added benefit for fiscal data.
(1) Re-engineering of E-Invoice platform to upgrade the whole services and expand value-added applications.
(2) Intensifying traceability of product supply chain and promote cross-agency inspection integration application.
(3) Constructing fiscal cloud services, enhancing the integration of financial information and increase the value of information application.
(4) Enhancing the quality of data in business fields and development of personalized digital services.
(5) Constructing a Data Center of the Ministry of Finance, enhancing information sharing platform and centralization of information resources.
6、Innovating Customs management to improve facilitation and effectiveness of clearance
(1) Establishing cross-border e-commerce customs clearance system to enhance economic and trade competitiveness.
(2) Adopting cloud computing technology to create diversified government services.
(3) Applying technology and information integration to promote the capability of border enforcement.
(4) Continuously enriching customs valuation database to enhance the quality of assessing customs values.
(5) Implementing of plans to reduce litigation cases and resolve disputes between the tax collector and tax payers.
(6) Expanding paperless operation of submission of required documents for import/export declaration to optimize customs facilitation and effectiveness.
(7) Actively promoting the signing of customs cooperation agreements and intensifying international customs cooperation to establish concrete multilateral and bilateral relations.
7、Allocating government resources properly and enhancing the efficiency of budget implementation
(1) Executing budgets on the basis of fiscal discipline to raise the implementation rate of capital budget.
(2) Carrying out the compilation of mid-term budget expenditure quota approved by the Executive Yuan, based on the principle of a zero-based budget system.