1. Enhancing financial management to improve fiscal effectiveness
(1) Enhancing operating efficiency of the national treasury agent institutions, providing sound internal financial control mechanisms of government agencies.
(2) Establishing multiple channels for the cultivation of financial resources to support government administration.
(3) Improving disbursement efficiency, strengthening internal financial control, and ensuring disbursement security.
(4) Improving debt management in adherence to fiscal discipline.
(5) Strengthening assistance in local government finance, making financial adjustments between local governments, and improvement in local fiscal autonomy.
(6) Improving management of the operations related to the Public Welfare Lottery, and enhancing social welfare revenues.
(7) Strengthening government-controlled enterprise management, enhancing the operational synergies of each enterprise.
(8) Raising the effectiveness of government revenue management, enhancing fairness in the collection of revenues from charges and fees, fines and indemnities, and others, and improving the system of the collection of charges and fees.
(9) Improving the tobacco and alcohol administration to safeguard consumer safety.
2. Improving national asset management to create asset activation benefits
(1) Actively implementing national real estate take-over to promote the benefits of activating non-public use properties. Speeding up the survey of national property to improve operational performance.
(2) Utilizing the national property database modification platform to complete property registration data, integrate information resources, and enhance and promote the management and utilization performance of national property.
(3) Collaborating with government agencies at all levels to appropriate national real estate for operational needs (including long-term care services).
(4) Conducting the handover of land used for the construction of public facilities to local governments to accomplish the goal of management and utilization in one.
(5) Advising government agencies at all levels to enhance public use property management operations, promoting the efficacy and benefits of the utilization of national property.
(6) Actively handling and retrieving occupied land according to the “Plan for Strengthening Clean-up of Occupied National Non-Public-Use Real Estate – Phase 2” to solve the problem of occupied land, activate the utilization of retrieved land, and increase the benefits of property utilization.
(7) Releasing national real estate with the establishment of superficies tender, leasing (including lease by tender), improving utilization and other diverse means for active use by the private sector in order to promote private investment and increase revenues for the National Treasury.
3. Improving the investment environment of promotion of Private Participation in Infrastructure Project (PPIP) to boost the momentum of economic development
(1) Optimizing the regulatory environment for promotion of PPIP to attract private investment.
(2) Operating the investment platform for promotion of PPIP to eliminate obstacles and to implement works on promoting PPIP.
(3) Intermediating investment and financing resources and conducting analyses and discussion on diversified financing instruments to expand the momentum of infrastructure investment.
(4) Strengthening soliciting and attracting investors as well as promoting and matching investment opportunities to enhance the investment success rate.
(5) Utilizing guidance and incentives to assist the authorities-in-charge in developing PPIP and enhancing the effectiveness of promoting PPIP.
(6) Conducting professional training, qualification examinations, and certification of promoting PPIP to strengthen the professional capacity of staff engaged in promoting PPIP, and conducting relevant seminars to enhance the consensus for promotion of PPIP in all sectors of the community.
(7) Participating in international Public-Private Partnership activities actively to exchange experiences with other countries on promoting PPIP.
(8) Reinforcing the information system of promoting PPIP to improve information service effectiveness.
4. Building up a high-quality tax environment to maintain the fairness and reasonableness of taxation
(1) Proposing amendments to relevant tax laws and implementation of tax reforms to make a sound tax system.
(2) Reviewing and amending tax laws and regulations in a timely manner to meet the needs of economic and social development.
(3) Improving skills of assessment in tax administration to prevent tax evasion and maintain fairness of taxation.
(4) Improving the program of reducing litigation of taxation in order to promote the quality of assessment and effective solving of controversies between taxpayers and tax authorities.
(5) Promoting the simplification of tax administration continuously, improving service environment for taxpayers to promote the high-quality and convenient tax payment services.
(6) Promoting a comprehensive tax treaty network to avoid cross-border double taxation and to establish a friendly environment for economic and trade development.
(7) Improving substantial international participation and cross-border cooperation and exchanges, enhancing taxation information transparency, maintaining the status of our nation, and fulfilling international obligations.
(8) According to international trends, R.O.C. has introduced a series of anti-avoidance regimes to prevent Multinational Enterprises (MNEs) from tax avoidance.
5. Introducing emerging information and communication technologies to create value-added benefit for fiscal data
(1) Optimizing the cloud invoice service environment to upgrade services as a whole and to create value-added applications.
(2) Establishing a foundation for cross-agency e-tax service and extending the application of tax services.
(3) Constructing a Cloud-Sharing Platform Data Center of the Ministry of Finance to enhance the integration of information resources and the overall effect of flexible use.
(4) Strengthening security protection of local governments and ensuring the overall information security environment.
(5) Refining online tax services, improving administrative efficiency, and promoting transparency by exchanging transnational tax information to uphold taxation fairness.
(6) Improving decision-making quality and the effectiveness of governance in tax administration through enhancing the capability of big data tax analysis.
6. Innovating Customs management to improve facilitation and effectiveness of clearance
(1) Upgrading technology inspection equipment to enhance the capability and efficiency of border enforcement.
(2) Utilizing the Internet of Things to improve the safety of cargo movement.
(3) Enhancing the function of Smart Bonded Platform to strengthen the electronic management of bonded zones.
(4) Improving the order of the clearance of express consignment to ensure a fair business environment.
(5) Implementing trade remedies to ensure a fair environment for domestic industries.
(6) Actively promoting the signing of customs cooperation agreements to establish a facilitated and secure clearance environment, and to enhance concrete bilateral customs cooperation.