Policy Aims and Objectives of the Ministry of Finance in 2019
1.Enhancing financial management to improve fiscal effectiveness
(1) Strengthening treasury administration, optimizing treasury services, and improving financial control.
(2) Actively raising financial resources to support government administration.
(3) Improving disbursement efficiency, enhancing disbursement services, and ensuring disbursement security.
(4) Improving debt management, maintaining strict fiscal discipline.
(5) Making financial adjustments between local governments, enhancing the mechanism of local financial assistance and evaluation, as well as strengthening local finances.
(6) Strengthening government-controlled enterprise management, ensuring the benefits of government-owned shareholdings, enhancing the operational synergies of each enterprise.
(7) Raising the effectiveness of government revenue management, improving the system of the collection of charges and fees.
(8) Stabilizing the issuance of the Public Welfare Lottery to infuse the surplus into social welfare activities.
(9) Improving tobacco and alcohol management, maintaining production and marketing order.
2.Improving national asset management to create asset activation benefits
(1) Implementing national real estate take-over registration, increasing profitable national property; conducting survey on utilization of national property, and improving business performance.
(2) Utilizing the national asset database modification platform to improve national property ownership management and performance of utilization.
(3) Implementing national real estate appropriation to cope with the demands of government agencies at all levels in cooperation with the operation of public institutions or the need of public construction (including the establishment of social housing, etc.).
(4) Cleaning up completed construction public facility land and handing the land over to local governments for management to achieve the goal of integrated management and usage.
(5) Improving the administration of national public use property and revitalization of property use to enhance asset utilization benefits.
(6) Executing the “Plan for Strengthening Clean-Up of Occupied National Non-Public-Use Real Estate” to activate the utilization of recovered land and increase usage value of the lands.
(7) Flexible applying the methods of rental (including tendering), superficies tender, modification and utilization of national property to promote land profit and increase Treasury’s revenues.
3.Improving the investment environment of promotion of Private Participation in Infrastructure Project (PPIP) to boost the momentum of economic development
(1) Amending or enacting PPIP laws and regulations and strengthening of mechanisms to expand private participation in infrastructure projects.
(2) Operating the investment platform for PPIP to eliminate obstacles to investment.
(3) Matching business opportunities actively to increase the success rate of investment solicitation for PPIP projects and boost investment momentum.
(4) Optimizing guidance and incentives to assist the authorities-in-charge in enhancing the capacity of PPIP projects.
(5) Conducting professional PPIP training courses and relevant seminars to strengthen the execution of government agencies at all levels and the consensus of PPIP promotion of all sectors of the community.
(6) Active participation in international Public Private Partnership（PPP）activities to exchange PPIP experiences with other countries and to raise our international visibility.
(7) Enhancing PPIP information system to optimize information service effectiveness.
4.Building up a high-quality tax environment to maintain the fairness and reasonableness of taxation
(1) Proposing amendments to relevant tax laws and implementation of tax reforms to make sound government finance.
(2) Reviewing and amending tax laws and regulations in a timely manner to meet the needs of economic and social development for the purpose of protecting taxpayer rights.
(3) Improving skills of assessment in tax administration to prevent tax evasion and omission and maintain fairness of taxation.
(4) Improving the program of reducing litigation of taxation, promotion of quality of assessment and effective solving of controversies between taxpayers and tax authorities.
(5) Continuously promoting the simplification of tax administration, improvement in service environment for taxpayers and promotion of high-quality and convenient tax payment services.
(6) In line with international trends, Taiwan has introduced a series of anti-avoidance regimes to prevent Multinational Enterprises (MNEs) from tax avoidance.
(7) Extending tax treaty network to enhance cross-border tax cooperation and tax transparency as well as to maintain fairness of taxation.
(8) Strengthening international cooperation and exchange to promote substantial cooperation and establish a friendly environment for signing treaties.
5.Introducing emerging information and communication technologies to create value-added benefit for fiscal data
(1) Enhancing traceability of product supply chains and cross-agency inspections.
(2) Optimizing our service environment to upgrade services and to create value-added applications.
(3) Constructing an E-tax environment, enhancing the scope of tax service.
(4) Constructing the Data Center of the Ministry of Finance, enhancing information sharing platforms, and centralizing information resources.
(5) Strengthening security protection of local governments and improving the information operating environment of national security.
(6) Improving online tax service and administrative effectiveness, promoting transparency of tax information, and maintaining fairness of taxation.
6.Innovating Customs management to improve facilitation and effectiveness of clearance
(1) Applying technology innovation and intelligence to enhance the capability and efficiency of border enforcement.
(2) Establishing an intelligent platform to promote electronic management of bonded zones.
(3) Enhancing the Customs valuation database to improve Customs valuation performance.
(4) Integrating Customs tariff service platform to improve tariff classification consistency.
(5) Implementing trade remedies to ensure a fair environment for domestic industries.
(6) Promoting customs cooperation agreements and strengthening international customs cooperation to establish an excellent clearance environment.