Policy Aims and Objectives of the Ministry of Finance in 2015
※Key Strategic Targets
1. Improvement in financial strategies and raising of fiscal efficacy.
(1) Continuation of the promotion of “The Sound Finance Program” to raise budget funds to support government administration.
(2) Strengthening of the management of publicly-owned enterprises; ensuring of the benefits of publicly-owned shareholdings; enhancement of the operational synergies of each enterprise.
(3) Raising of efficacy in the management of government revenue; enhancement of the reasonableness in the collection of charges and fees; improvement in the soundness of the system for the management of government finances.
(4) Continuation of the promotion of the regular and moderate issuance of government bonds and treasury bills; improvement in the efficiency of debt management.
(5) Enhancement of the mechanism of fiscal assistance to help local governments in the implementation of measures to increase revenues and reduce expenditures.
(6) Improvement in the sound development of the Public Welfare Lottery industry, presentation of the core values of lottery issuance.
(7) Enhancement of tobacco and alcohol management; ensurance of the safety of consumption.
(8) Improvement in the efficiency of disbursement operations, enhancement of disbursement services; ensurance of disbursement security.
2. Maintenance of the fairness of taxation and upgrading of efficiency in tax administration.
(1) Proposal of amendments to the tax laws and implementation of tax reforms so as to make government finance sound.
(2) Continuation of the revision and deregulation of tax laws and regulations to promote economic development.
(3) Improvement in the skills of assessment in tax administration to curb tax evasion and to maintain the fairness and justice of taxation.
(4) Continuation of the promotion of the simplification of tax administration with the provision of simplified and convenient tax payment services.
(5) Implementation of the program to reduce taxation litigation, promotion of the quality of the handling of inquiry cases and resolution of controversies between taxpayers and tax authorities in an effective way.
(6) Promotion of a sound and comprehensive tax treaty network to enhance the competitiveness of domestic enterprises for outbound investment and the attractiveness of the domestic environment for inbound investment.
(7) Promotion of the signing of public finance co-operation agreements to enhance interaction in the field of international public finance; active participation in international conferences to establish concrete multilateral and bilateral relations.
3. Streamlining of Customs management to improve effectiveness in facilitation.
(1) Establishment of the Ubiquitous Economic and Trade Network to enhance security and facilitation in customs clearance.
(2) Development of international logistics in conjunction with other government agencies to upgrade the effectiveness of the management of bonding operations.
(3) Adjustment of the tariff policy in a timely manner to foster its functions in the economy.
(4) Strengthening of the exchange of intelligence with foreign Customs to effectively interdict smuggling and illicit trade.
(5) Implementation of trade remedy measures to maintain a fair business environment for domestic industries.
(6) Promotion of the signing of customs co-operation arrangements; improvement of international customs cooperation.
4. Perfection of the management of publicly-owned property to strengthen performance in sustainable operations.
(1) Improvement in the handling of the information of publicly-owned assets to facilitate the co-ordination of operations.
(2) Provision of land for public service or common use; initiation of public construction and facilities to carry out policy objectives.
(3) Checking and handling of the inventory of occupied publicly-owned land and restoration of such land to its original condition with assistance to relevant authorities to strengthen the management of such properties.
5. Enhancement of the mechanisms related to the explanation of matters related to the “Promotion of Private Participation in Infrastructure Projects” (PPIP) to promote the attractiveness of the investment environment.
(1) Continuous implementation of the investment information platform for PPIP to eliminate obstacles to investment.
(2) Deliberation on PPIP regulations and establishment of related mechanisms to introduce multiple channels for private investment.
(3) Active solicitation of investors and matching-up of business opportunities to effectively integrate resources to assist authorities-in-charge in soliciting business.
(4) Continuous provision of guidance and incentive measures to assist authorities-in-charge to develop PPIP projects and strengthen PPIP expertise.
6. Enhancement of efficacy via e-transformation.
(1) Promotion of e-invoices and creation of smart i-life.
(2) Continued execution of tax e-filing and online payment to provide convenient channels for the payment of taxes by the public.
(3) Promotion of the integration of the MOF information system to enhance the delivery of information services to the public.
(4) Provision of the facility to share economic and trade information via the Customs-Port-Trade (CPT) Single Window System to enhance administrative efficiency and the quality of service.
7. Activation of the value of publicly-owned assets in order to enhance the effectiveness of financial operations.
(1) Flexible utilization of the methods of rental, tender of creation of superficies and improvement in utilization to revitalize the use of publicly-owned land to attract the private sector to co-operate in its development.
(2) Implementation of the financial operation plan; repayment of outstanding debt in advance; saving of interest expenditures.
8. Improvement of the qualifications of personnel to establish excellent working teams.
Strengthening of the cultivation of talented personnel and the organizational learning capacities of the staff; cultivation of an excellent organizational culture.
Promotion of Free Economic Pilot Zones (FEPZs): Accomplishment of the establishment of the Maritime Express Handling Unit to align with the promotion of intelligent logistics in FEPZs.
1. Enhancement of the efficacy of research and development.
(1) Conduct of consigned research projects for important fiscal policies or issues.
(2) Encouragement to colleagues to do research on relevant business or significant public affairs by combining theory and practice to improve administrative effectiveness.
2. Promotion of paperless e-administration via the use of the e-invoice system to enhance the provision of services and the co-operation between governments of all levels in line with the policies of each ministry.
3. Implementation of the mechanism of government internal control: Implementation of the internal control and audit of the MOF and its subsidiary agencies to enhance administrative efficiency.
4. Enhancement of the benefits of assets; proper allocation of government resources.
(1) Urging of the MOF and its subsidiary agencies to execute budgets based on the principle of efficacy to raise the rate of the implementation of the capital in the budget.
(2) Utilization of the principle of a zero-based budget system to implement the budget quota for mid-term expenditure approved by the Executive Yuan.
5. Improvement of the qualifications of personnel and the efficacy of management.
(1) Streamlining of the organization in line with government policy; rationalizing of the number of personnel.
(2) Promotion of a passion for lifelong learning and improvement in the qualifications and core competencies of the personnel.