Policy Aims and Objectives of the Ministry of Finance in 2008
- Implementation of the objectives of the Fiscal reform plan:
In order to implement “The Fiscal Reform Plan” to achieve the goal of fiscal balance by the year 2011, we review the measures in short and medium term phases with a six-month interval. In addition, a revolving-type review will be taken once every two years.
- Improvement of the management of the National Treasury, strengthening of the transparency of government debts, and provision of assistance to improve local government finances in order to stabilize government finance:
- To strengthen the corporate governance of state-owned institutions and enhance their performance and also to continue to push for the requirement that companies appoint independent directors and to promote the privatization of state-owned enterprises.
- To set up a reasonable, objective, and feasible fee mechanisms in the collection of tax revenues by financial institutions so as to improve efficiency in administration by the National Treasury Agency.
- Strengthening disclosure of information on public debt and consolidation of the debt management of governments at all levels. Continuously promoting the regular issuing of government bonds, so as to enhance the prosperity of the bond market.
- Further implementing the spirit of fiscal accountability for local governments and helping local governments create autonomous fiscal resources to enhance fiscal discipline.
- Strengthening of the management of the tobacco and alcohol mechanism so as to enhance administrative efficiency.
- To improve the collection system of Charges and Fees and implement the principle of user and beneficiary charges.
- Through the promotion of Treasury Electronic Payment Operations to improve the efficiency of the payment service and security in payment.
- Ensurance of a healthy taxation system by the strengthening of taxation policies, establishment of fair taxation, and improvement in the quality of tax services:
- To implement tax reform, to broaden the tax base, and to regulate a reasonable taxation structure so as to establish a fair taxation system in conforming with the current international trends.
- To continue to audit tax evasion with the aim of upgrading efficiency in tax administration and maintaining fairness in taxation.
- To continue to promote the addition of further applications for tax matters on the internet so as to enhance convenience and efficiency in the use of filing procedures and as to continue to promote the use of the bar-codes on tax bills so as to enhance the quality of service.
- To use active appeals to the public to strengthen their understanding of coming reforms in taxation so as to gain the participation and support of the whole nation.
- To strengthen the quality of each of the services provided for taxpayers and to establish transparency and efficiency in the propagation of tax laws and regulations.
- To promote exchanges on international taxation and facilitate the conclusion of agreements with respect to the avoidance of double taxation so as to protect our nationals in the obtaining of fair tax treatment.
- To improve the environment of tax offices so as to enhance efficiency in the administration of taxation.
- plan and establish the taxation of financial products in line with global trends so as to encourage innovation in the financial market and to review the cost differences in international taxation and thereby attract international funds so as to create an internationally competitive taxation environment.
- To continue to promote the use of e-invoices to help business to save operating costs and to encourage them to run more efficiently and to be in line with trends in the development of e-commerce.
- To promote efficiency in customs clearance by the establishment of a paperless and non-barrier clearance environment, as well as by the simplification of customs procedures, by ：
- Amendment of related laws and regulations in order that they may be in concurrence with international standards, and, moreover, adoption or reference to such standards so as to be in conformity with trade policy when adjusting tariff measures at appropriate moments.
- Participation in international meetings and the making of mutual assistance treaties so as to strengthen co-operation in international customs work ； implementation of trade remedy measures to maintain a fair trade environment.
- Continuation of the simplification of Customs procedures, upgrading of the quality of service, and acceleration of cargo clearance.
- Continuation of implementation of the “Authorized Traders System “ to enhance efficiency in cargo clearance.
- Continuation of implementation of the Mobile X-ray Container Inspection System for the enhancement of anti-smuggling operations and to accelerate Customs clearance.
- Promotion of efficiency in logistics centers and enhancement of the investment environment in relation to the operation of free trade zones.
- Promotion of efficiency in the management of national assets in order to increase treasury revenue.
- To carry out a unified mechanism of national assets management so as to promote the whole operation benefit of the management of national assets.
- To clean out the unused, low utilization and occupied national real estate in public use so as to promote operation efficiency of national land.
- Enforced efforts to handle occupied national land so as to promote operation efficiency of national land. Positively to handle leasing, selling, consigned management and improving utilization of national non-public use property so as to supplement national treasury in these multiple releases of national non-public use land.
- Facilitate the restoration of original landscape to national non-pubic land so as to effectively resolve the problems of unauthorized cultivation and construction, and strengthen home-land conservation as well as maintain ecological environment.
- To revise national property laws and regulations, improve practical business operations, shorten disposal time; and to improve service measure to the public so as to promote service performance.